Monday, January 22, 2007

Synergy of Life

I'm always intrigued by the synergy of life, by the seemingly random happenings which so perfectly carry the right notes to complete the melody of the moment. I love whatever power it is which calls this forth to carry the whispered confirmation of perfect choices, and to add a flourished signature signing All is in Divine Order, Proceed in Peace and Confidence.

My last entry was about the word "Gratitude," as my choice word for this year, 2007. I've been living in Gratitude every day, and am beginning to experience an internal shift in just a few days. Every morning I sit in my Contemplation Chair in the sunny nook in my kitchen, and I list something for which I'm grateful that corresponds with every letter of the alphabet. That's twenty-six items a day. (A=apples, B=butterflies, C=creativity, D=Dreams, etc.) I've determined that if I can't think of something to correspond with a particular letter, I'm going to read the dictionary until I find it. This is such an uplift. Thank you, Amy Girl.

Now to the synergy. Yesterday, with "Gratitude" uppermost on my mind, I pulled a spiral notebook from my bottom drawer which is the "spiral notebook grave yard" and abounds with barely used, half used, never used spirals. [Some people buy shoes, I buy notebooks.]

It was a random choice. I settled into my comfy Contemplation Chair, opened the notebook to begin a Gratitude Journal, and there, taped on the inside of the front cover was a page from a steno note pad. This is what I had written years ago. I don't remember why I wrote this, I don't even remember writing it, but it's my handwriting, and does correspond with a journey I once took to replace my language with "celestial language." For example, instead of saying to a child who might have interrupted me, "What do you want?" I'd say, "What would ye that I should do for you?" And instead of saying something like, "You're going to get into so much trouble," I'd say, "Oh, how exquisite your pain, ye know not..." Or I might replace the temptation to call a child "lazy" with, "Look to the ways of the ant, thou sluggard." We would laugh, but the message was given wrapped in the sweetness of scripture. You get the picture... It was a fun journey. So, I suspect this may have been written in connection with that experience.

"Celestial words! How sweet they are. How tender, how tranquil, how elevating to the heart and soul of man. How refershing, and, oh, how pleasing unto God. The words of Eternity - the words from Eternity to Eternity - Words are spoken and worlds are created. The sweetness of words, the joy of words, the power of words, the propriety of words - it escapes us today and we are bereft of the blessings that fall like manna from Heaven; blessings that distill upon the very soul like dew in the crystal morn illuminating and sparkling from the first rays of the morning sun.
These are the everlasting words of Holy Writ upon whose power we rely, albeit at times ignorantly. For we have failed to grasp the simplicity and charm and true power in the meaning of prayer and of praying in the name of Christ - the act whereby scriptural promises are made that all desirws can and will be fulfilled. Praying in His sacred, holy name is more than simply closing our prayers with His name. That act is "with" His name - not "in" His name. To pray "in" the name of Christ is to pray the mind of Christ. It is to pray the will of Christ and the words of Christ. His very words are a key to unlocking the powers of prayers being answered.
The language of prayer is precious and should be sweet, like honey, upon the tongue. Reverential tones and words should be second nature to us. The dignity of Diety requires the language of Eternity. ..

Then it stops. I'm perplexed as to the purpose for which this was written, or even when it was written. I do remember being impressed in the Bible Dictionary with the information about what it means to pray in the name of Christ, but perhaps the Divine Order of life was for me to discover this yesterday. Who knows upon what power "synergy" moves and performs magic?

What really stood out in bold print to me, as a powerful message for me right now, were the words I put in bold, "Words are spoken and worlds are created." I'm sure at the time of writing, I was thinking of Father's task, but the power and truth for me today, is more personal. The words we speak (either aloud or in the heart) literally do create the personal "worlds" in which we each live.

As James Allen said in his verse, "Mind is the Master Power," "We think in secret and it comes to pass / Environment is our looking glass." [see an earlier post for the entire verse]

Remember Tinker Bell telling Peter/Robin to "think happy thoughts" so he could fly. For him it was his children. Hmmm, not a bad idea.

So, in the words of T. Bell, let's "Think Happy Thought" and maybe we truly can fly over the ruts and bumps in our road. Ciao for now...



6 comments:

JoDee said...

hello Aunt Judy. I have loved reading your blog and have been inspired by so many of your words. I love your words and how they always make me think and ponder my own crazy life! I remember when you would respond as in the scriptures, I always loved it. It was fun to think back on those days. I also have wanted to say thank you for taking me bra shopping a million years ago. I told Andee that story when I took her, so I think that the experiance did not seem so bad to her as mine was. Just Kidding!! Things always seem worse from the perspective of a child. She had a good laugh and it kept the serious situation light.

JoDee said...

hello Aunt Judy. I have loved reading your blog and have been inspired by so many of your words. I love your words and how they always make me think and ponder my own crazy life! I remember when you would respond as in the scriptures, I always loved it. It was fun to think back on those days. I also have wanted to say thank you for taking me bra shopping a million years ago. I told Andee that story when I took her, so I think that the experiance did not seem so bad to her as mine was. Just Kidding!! Things always seem worse from the perspective of a child. She had a good laugh and it kept the serious situation light.

Judy said...

Oh jodee, jodee, jodee...what a memory to have marred your childhood with....I was so mean to you that day. I cringe when I think about it now. Why don't we both just burn our bras and call it even?

Glad you stopped by for a chat..love you..

Amy said...

Oh I truly believe in that kind of synergy. I Loved this piece...something I definitely need to think about today.

As for the bra shopping, I was there too, but in a distinctly unscarring way. I felt pretty special tagging along with JoDee & Aunt Judy.

annalisa said...

I enjoyed the James Allen quote. I have been thinking a lot lately about the power of our thoughts. Have you read "As a Man Thinketh"? I think you may enjoy the book; that is it's basic philosophy.
What a wonderful choice for your word of the year. We did a gratitude tree for Thanksgiving and every night I tried to focus on one simple thing I normally overlook that improved my day. The activity sure brightened up my month. Gratitude works miracles.

Judy said...

Annalisa, I see that we read the same kinds of book. I love James Allen's, As A Man Thinketh. In fact, I brought it into the class-room on many occasions, even having my students memorize "Mind is the Master Power," and I have it within reach as I sit at my desk.

I love the idea of the Gratitude Tree. I can see in my mind's eye drawing a tree with lots of room for branches, and everyday writing one thing for which I'm grateful. What a tree that would be by the end of one year.