Thursday, January 25, 2007

Time With Michele

Michele just left. We have wanted to see each other for a year and a half, but it never happened; or maybe I should say we didn't make it happen. How could the time have gone by this quickly?

Michele is one of my favorite younger cousins, but we have always seemed to resonate on the same "page." She's one of those gifted women who doesn't know how gifted she really is, but then again maybe none of us really get it about ourself, either. To her credit she has published a book, as well as written and published a musical piece. She has been a speaker at various firesides and even has at least one of her talks on a tape that can be purchased, and I'm really proud to call her not just my cousin, but also my friend.

After she left, I came into my office to make some sense of the many projects which are giving my desk the appearance of chaos and clutter. It's organized clutter in that I absolutely know what each pile contains. I picked up one of my old poetry packets, a shabby remnant from one of my literature classes of yesteryear, and my eyes fell on a verse which brought my mind back to Michele. I know that one of her favorite topics is the Law of the Harvest, in fact, that is what her music is about. So, Miss Michele, this short quatrain is for you:

The tissue of the Life to be
We weave with colors all our own.
And in the field of Destiny,
We reap as we have sown.
-John Greenleaf Whittier

It's a wonderful message to remember, "We reap as we have sown." So, for today let's sow happiness and peace, love and gratitude... Thanks, Shel, for the safety and comfort from the moments we laced into our memories.

1 comment:

Craig Garvin said...

Judy,

Wow - now I really feel important -to be mentioned on the pages of the life of the blog of Judith Naegle! Thanks for the sweet words. I feel the same about you. I'm amazed at the knowledge you have stuck between your brain. It makes me dizzy just thinking how you can cram it all there and then, most important of all, recall it at the most opportune moment. I continue to learn from you.

Thanks so much for the wonderful day! I loved the visiting, the books and the yummy food! Yesterday I had some left over brown rice. I did just what you taught me. I warmed it up and then put a yummy salad on top and smeared delicious dressing all over and presto - a delicious meal!

Sorry it took me so long to get over there. I can't believe we had to choose opposite sides of the valley to live. It took me an hour and a half to get home - because I went I-15 and there was the comdex show traffic. UGH! That's why I like to stay in the safety of my little old home. Now that I'm 49 I can begin to qualify as a homebody. Right? Who knows. Hey, have a great week. I'm off to pack and do laundry and get ready to go to Utah.
Love, Michele